Please connect to Internet to continue
Preparation Time : 738
Cook Time : 20
Total Time : 758
Raw rice - 1 1/2 cup
White split Urad dal - 3/4 cup
Chana dal - 1tbsp (optional)
Refined oil - 3 tbsp
Black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Ginger green chilli paste - 1 tbsp
Black mustard seeds -1 tbsp
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Chopped fresh coriander - 1 tbsp
1) first wash the rice and both dal very well.
2) Then soak all the three ingredints individually for approximately 6 hours.
3) After they have been soaked again rinse them in fresh water and gring them into fine paste. And now mix all of the rice lentils mixture in one bowl. Warm about 1 tbsp refined oil and pour into the batter. Whisk the batter manually for about 1-2 minutes so that all of the components have been combined together verywell.
4) Now let the batter sit in a warm.place for about 4-5 hours for fermentation.
5) After it has been fermented, place a cooker without whistle or a large deep sauce pan and fill about 1 inch water into it and cover the utensil. Switch on the gas on high flame, let the water boil. In the batter add salt, black pepper powder, ginger green chilli paste and again whisk the batter carefully.
6) Now grease a flat plate or an aluminium plate with refined oil. Pour the batter for about 1 inch. On the batter sprinkle some red chilli powder. Place a stand in the pressure cooker and put the plate onto the stand. Cover the lid, let the batter cook for abput an 10-15 minutes. After 10 mins open the lid check by inserting a skewer if it comes clean then it is cooked completely and if not then let it cook for about 5 mins more.
7) Now in a frying pan pour 2 tbsp oil first let it get warm then add mustard seeds let them splutter. Now add this chownka onto the idada and spread it evenly. Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves (could also spread fresh grated coconut and fried green chillies).
Please Login to comment