Please connect to Internet to continue
Preparation Time : 120
Cook Time : 15
Total Time : 135
1 cup Split Bengal gram (Chana daal), soaked
1/2 cup Split Red Lentil (Masoor daal), soaked
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp asafoetida (Hing)
1/2 inch ginger
1 cup boiled corn
1 tomato, chopped
4-5 green chilli, chopped
1 cup coriander leaves, chopped
1 onion chopped (I haven't used for this recipe, but it can be used)
4 tbsp Tamarind chutney made with jaggery
4 tbsp Green Chutney
1 tbsp chaat masala
2 tbsp Flour
4 small sized steel bowl
2 Roasted papad
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1. Plus soaked chana daal and masoor daal with 3 chilli, hing and ginger until it is in a paste form.
2. Add 1 tbsp of flour to the daal paste, so that it becomes tight.
3. Preheat the pressure cooker for 10 minutes.
4. Until the cooker is preheating, prepare the katoris. For that, take a small bowl, grease it with little oil and dust flour on top of it. Now take a small amount of daal mixture and spread it all over the bowl so that it takes the desired shape.
5. Similarly prepare all the other katoris.
6. Now place the katoris carefully inside the preheated pressure cooker upside down. Do not put the whistle.
7. Put the cooker lid and let the katoris cook at low heat for 30 minutes.After 30 minutes turn off the flame and let the katoris cook for another 15 minutes under its own heat.
8. Let the katoris cool down and with a help of knife carefully un-mould the katoris from the bowl.
9. Now let's make the filling, take the boiled corn in a bowl, to that add chopped tomatoes, chopped green chilies chaat masala and coriander leaves. You can also add onion, here I have skipped it.
10. Beat the yogurt and add 1 tsp yogurt to every katori.
11. Add green chutney and tamarind chutney.
12. I have skipped deep fried sev here and have used roasted papads. Roast two papads and crumb it to the top of each katoris.
13. Finally add some pomegranate seeds and serve.
Please Login to comment