1. Preheat oven at 180°C. Line a 7-inch round cake tin by greasing with little butter and dusting with little refined flour.
2. Beat eggs and castor sugar in a bowl till fluffy.
3. Add vanilla essence and food colour and beat again.
4. Add refined flour and fold lightly till well blended. Add orange rind and mix well.
5. Pour batter in lined cake tin and put in the preheated oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
6. To make icing, combine cream cheese and icing sugar in a bowl and whisk well till well blended.
7. Remove cake from oven and demould. Discard the top rough layer and even it out. Slice diagonally from between. Spread icing evenly on the base. Cover with upper layer and spread icing evenly on this layer as well.
8. Cut into wedges and serve