1. In a mixing bowl, add ghee and sugar and mix it well with the help of hand mixer. ( you can mix it with whisker too.) Mix till the sugar is mixed well with the ghee. The mixture should become pale and light in colour.
Now, add half of the whole wheat flour and pinch of salt. Additionally add cardamom powder. Mix and crumble the ingredients well.
3. Further, add the rest of the wholewheat flour and milk little by little. With your hands start to combine to form a dough. Do not knead, just combine to form a dough. Also make sure, when the dough is cut, it has a crumbly texture. Cover and refrigerate the dough for 15-20 minutes.
4. Now, If you have cookie cutter, you can give them any desired shape and size. I made a rectangular log and cut the biscuits in to small rectangles. Later, i used fork to give them the lines on the top.
5. Place all the biscuits 1 inch apart on a baking tray . Bake the biscuits in preheated oven at 160 degree celsius for 18-20 minutes or till the edges turn slightly golden.
6. Allow the biscuit to cool completely. biscuits will be soft when hot, and turns crunchy when cooled.
7. Finally, Atta biscuits/wholewheat eggless cookies are ready to serve with chai or store in airtight container for later use.