1. In a heavy bottom vessel melt 2 tbsp ghee or oil and fry the chopped mixed dry fruits on low flame.
2 Remove and keep aside on a paper towel to drain and absorb the oil.
3. Now add 1 tbsp ghee to the pan and fry the vermicelli till it gets to a darkish brown colour. Roast on slow flame to not let it burn.
4. In another vessel combine water sugar and essence and bring to a boil to make a chasni.
5. . Add Nutmeg powder and cardamon powder to the sev.
6. Now comes the tricky part. You need to slowly add a little bit of water to the sev and cook with a lid on till the water dries up.
7. . Repeat the process. Add little chasni again to the sev. Then stir with a light hand and cover with the lid. This will ensure that the sev gets cooked well without sticking together.
8. Complete the steps 2-4 times more till the sugar water is over. You will see the sev swell and get cooked.
9. Now Garnish with the fried charoli and kishmish and enjoy this much relished dish.