Please connect to Internet to continue
Preparation Time : 15
Cook Time : 10
Total Time : 25
8 to 10 – Slices of White/ Brown Bread slices (fresh preferably)
2 cups – Curd / Yogurt (Use fresh, thick & non-sour yogurt)
3 to 4 tbsp – Low-fat fresh cream
1/4th cup – Grated Carrots
1/4th cup – Finely shredded Cabbage
1/4h cup – Capsicum / Bell pepper any color of your choice
2 to 3 tbsp – Boiled corn kernels (optional)
1/2 tsp – Garlic grated
1 nos – Green chili chopped finely (if making for kids then avoid this)
2 tsp – Fresh coriander leaves chopped finely
1 tsp – Green chili sauce (optional)
2 tsp – Hot and sweet tomato sauce
Salt and pepper 1/2 tsp
1) At first, we will hang the curd, for this take a fine mesh if you don’t have one then over a normal mesh put a muslin cloth and place a big bowl to catch all the drained out whey underneath, pour the curd over the fine mesh or muslin cloth let the whey drain off slowly, while this process is on which will take about 1&1/2 hrs to 2 hrs depending on the quality of curd you are using, put this bowl and mesh with the draining curd in refrigerator throughout this process.
2) The curd draining process has to be done kept in the refrigerator to avoid souring of the curd as if the curd is kept outside in this hot weather it may turn sour quickly and hence resulting in bad taste afterward.
3) After the hung curd is ready it will resemble a thick creamy texture just like cream cheese
4) Take the hung curd in a mixing bowl add to it thick fresh cream (low fat) and mix well.
5) To the above mixture add grated carrots, shredded cabbage, finely chopped bell peppers / capsicum, green chilies, fresh coriander leaves along with grated garlic, green chili sauce, hot and sweet tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste mix well till everything is well incorporated. Taste the filling and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
6) Take 2 bread slices, on one bread slice spread about 2 tbsp. of the above-made filling and cover with another slice press gently and trim the edges of the bread if you wish, it just looks better with the trimmed edges.
7) Cut the sandwich into 2 half triangles or as you wish, serve with some chips for breakfast or for evening snack, this is also a very good option to pack in kids tiffin boxes.
Please Login to comment