Please connect to Internet to continue
Preparation Time : 15
Cook Time : 20
Total Time : 35
For The Dhoklis: whole wheat flour 1 cups
chilli powder 1/2 tsp
turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
carom seeds (ajwain) , optional 1/4 tsp
oil 1 tbsp
salt 1 tsp
Whole wheat flour for rolling 1 cups
For The Dal: toovar (arhar) dal 1 cups
lemon juice 1 tbsp
chopped jaggery 3 tbsp
Chilli Powder 1 tsp
Curry Leaves 5-6 nos
turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
coriander powder 1/3 tsp
coconut powder 2 tbsp
salt 1 1/2 tsp
For Tempering: ghee 2 tbsp
mustered seeds 1/4 tsp
cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
asafoetida 1/4 tsp
cinnamon stick 2 inch
cloves 2 nos
kashmiri red chilli 1 nos
For Serving:Cooked rice 1 cups
How to make dhoklis:
1. Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-stiff dough using enough water.
2. Cover the dough with a lid and keep aside for at least 15 minutes.
3. Divide the dough into 5 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 200 mm. (8”) diameter thin circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
4. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each chapati lightly from both the sides.
5. Cool and cut each chapati into diamond or square shapes and keep aside.
How to make Dal:
1. Clean, wash and drain the dal.Combine the dal and 2 cups of hot water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
2. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
3. Combine the cooked dal and 1 cup of hot water in a deep non-stick pan and blend it well using a hand blender till smooth.
4. Add more 2½ cups of hot water and mix very well.
5. Place the deep non-stick pan on the flame , add the salt, lemon juice, jaggery, chilli powder, curry leaves, coriander powder and turmeric powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. Meanwhile, for the tempering, heat the ghee and oil in a small non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds and allow them to crackle.
7. When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, kashmiri chilli, cinnamon, cloves and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
8. Add this tempering to the dal, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
9. Now add coconut powder and cook for a while and keep it aside.
How to proceed: 1. Just before serving, boil the dal, once it starts boiling, add the dhoklis, coriander and ghee, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. 2. Serve immediately with ghee and cooked rice.
Please Login to comment