Please connect to Internet to continue
Preparation Time : 10
Cook Time : 20
Total Time : 30
Semiya, ( I used thick Semiya) 2 cups
Water 4 cups
Ginger( Root, Skinned and Chopped Finely) 1 nos
Onion,Skinned and Chopped Finely 1 nos
Red Dry Chili (Cut into Small) 2 nos
Green Chili, Chopped 2-3 nos
Coconut Oi 3 tbsp
Mustard Seeds 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves 2 sprig
Cashew Nuts, Optional 1 cups
Salt or to taste 1 tsp
• Dry roast semiya / Vermicelli Until Light golden brown. Keep a side.
• Heat 1 Tablespoon oil/gee in a pan, add cashew nut. Fry until golden brown, remove from oil.
• Add remaining oil/ghee, pop mustard. Add onion, red chili, and green chili and curry leaves. Sauté until onion becomes light brown and soft.
• Add water and salt, allow boiling.
• When it starts boiling, add roasted semiya/ Vermicelli. Mix well.
• Cover and cook until all water is absorbed (it will take 5 to 10 minutes). Uncover and stir occasionally to prevent sticking and burning.
• Turn off the heat; garnish Semiya Upma with fried cashew nuts. Serve warm, enjoy!
Please Login to comment